This is the annual convention of SPACE where all associated members meet at a common platform and achievers are felicitated. Students can meet peers and interact with scientists. SPACE showcases the highlights of the year, and what is in store for next year.
SPACE hosts an annual meet to showcase its year round achievements in all groups and to felicitate students who have achieved awards in SPACE events. First initiated in 2014, the SPACE Annual Meet (SAM) is a celebration of SPACE achievements and an opportunity for associated schools to meet and network with eminent personalities in fields of education, science and tourism. It is a platform for a spirited exchange of ideas and recognition of the achievements by SPACE in the current year.
Description of Activity
The event is held as a grand forum and meeting celebrating SPACE achieving students and sharing achievements of all SPACE groups for the year. Winners of prizes in SPACE outreach such as GAM, WSW and AIASC are felicitated. Cultural events on Astronomy themes are presented by schools. In the past, panels comprised of renowned scientists and academicians have been invited to interact with students.
Learning Outcomes and Benefits to Schools
Students and schools get an opportunity to interact with peers. They get valuable networking opportunities with VIPs and stalwarts in the field of education and science.
The 3rd SPACE Annual Meet, the annual felicitation ceremony to recognize SPACE Achievers of the year 2016 on scheduled for January 21, 2017 at New Delhi.
Dr Paul A Rosen,
NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar (NISAR),
Guest of Honour
Ms Meenakshi Lekhi,
Member of Parliament (MP)
New Delhi Constituency, Lok Sabha
Dr Andrea Robles Olson,
Science Officer – Economics,
Environment, Science and Technology (EEST),
Embassy of the United States-New Delhi
Highlights of the Meet:
1- Felicitation of 2 Provisional Discoverers for Numbered Asteroid
under All lndia Asteroid Search Campaign 2010, recognized by
International Astronomical Union (IAU). The Asteroid Discovery is now eligible for naming.
2- ‘SPACE Achiever Speaks’
4 school students at a tender age of 16 groomed with the help of SPACE India, have excelled in the field of Science & Technology.
i) Aryan Mishra, one of the SPACE Asteroid Discoverer
ii) Yashraj Bhardwaj & Yuvraj Bhardwaj, Entrepreneurs, winners of Karamveer Chakra Award, having national & international 22 projects and 7 patents
iii) Ronaldo Laishram, one of the SPACE Asteroid Discoverer awarded by Dr APJ Abdul Kalam and intern at Space Physics Laboratory, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Indian Space Research Organisation.
The Meet will also have the felicitation of the following achievements:
3- Provisional and Preliminary Discoverers of All India Asteroid Search Campaign (AIASC) 2016 organized by SPACE India, in association with International Asteroid Search Campaign (IASC), conducted by Hardin Simmons University, USA.
4- Global winners under different categories of United Nations declared – World Space Week 2016.
5- International Achievers of Global Astronomy Month (GAM) in association with an international organisation, Astronomers Without Borders (AWB).
6- SPACE Astro Podcast Contest 2016 all India level winners.
The Annual Meet will also have the presence of various industry experts, educationists, students and science professionals and enthusiasts to share their thoughts and expectations.
Students will be encouraged with words of inspiration by Mr Sachin Bahmba-Chairman & Managing Director, SPACE Group and they will have the experience a spirited exchange of ideas and opinions among the scientific community.
*Entry by invitation only.
This is one of the biggest events by SPACE. In this annual event:
- Gala event attended by more than 400 people every year.
- All achievers in Outreach programmes are felicitated.
- VIPs such as Dr. Jitendra Singh, Hon. Union Minister of State, Science & Technology and Earth Sciences; Professor Binod Kumar Tripathi, Acting Director of NCERT and Prof. S. Mohanty, Director Vigyan Prasar have graced the occasion as Chief Guests in the past
Sorry, nothing found.
- India, US must collaborate more on space research, says NASA Scientist – The Indian Express, TechIE, 21 January, 2017
- Shudagrah khojne wale chatra sammanit – Hindustan, 27 January, 2017
- Pratibha ko jagruk karta samooh – Panchjanya, 28 January, 2017
- India, US must collaborate more on space research, says NASA Scientist – The Economic Times, 21 January, 2017
- India, US must collaborate more on space research, says NASA Scientist – Zee News, 21 January, 2017
- India, US must collaborate more on space research, says NASA Scientist – Science World Report, 23 January, 2017
- India, US must collaborate more on space research, says NASA Scientist – The Millenium Post, 21 January, 2017
- India, US must collaborate more on space research, says NASA Scientist – Business Standard, 21 January, 2017
- Young Delhiities to name Asteroid – The Times Of India, 23 January, 2017
- India, US must collaborate more on space research, says NASA scientist – News24Online, Hindi News Channel, 21 January, 2017