Take photos of your favorite locations on the Earth through a camera on International Space Station. Participate in a NASA project and see the earth from the SPASally Ride ISS EarthKAM is an international educational program of NASA through which students can receive stunning images of the Earth from a digital camera mounted at a nadir pointing window in the International Space Station (ISS). This programme was started by Dr Sally Ride, the first American woman in space, and was originally called kidSat. SPACE India brings this unique workshop to our schools, with the enthralling experience of imaging Earth from a unique perspective of space.
Description of Activity
Every year 4-5 EarthKAM missions take place in which SPACE India holds workshops where students are guided by SPACE educators to select locations of geographical and environmental interest, based on weather and orbit checking, and through software, interface submit requests which are sent to ISS. ISS captures images of the locations and makes high-quality images available for download. Images have been taken of regions of interest in geography, environment, ecology, and natural disasters.
Learning Outcomes and Benefits to Schools
Students learn about ISS, and how to select regions based on climatic and environmental importance. This is a multidisciplinary project and students learn about software and additional skills. Schools are privileged to join in a NASA outreach program simultaneously with schools around the world.
This is the 80th mission of the SALLY RIDE EARTHKAM and the 4th event in the year 2022.
Sally Ride EarthkAM will be conducted at different locations in India like Delhi-NCR, Chennai, and Surat from 20th Sept 2022 to 22nd Sept 2022.
Students can request to click the pictures of the geographical locations of the planet Earth from the camera mounted on the International Space Station.
You can click on the register button given below and register your school. In case of any query, you can email on email@example.com.
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/2C3K18BNp831gFcp7
In case of any query you can email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Turks and Caicos Islands, ISHIR ROONGTA Amity Mayur Vihar
The mission was a big success as this year also SPACE conducted multiple workshops in multiple places throughout Pan India. SALLY RIDE EARTHKAM 66th mission was conducted in more than 150 schools and the student participation in the mission was approx. 1300 in more than 50 missions with approximately 2600 codes. Students requested the image of locations like Volcanoes, national parks, cyclones, flood-affected areas, drought-affected areas, forests and deforestation, storms affected areas tsunami-hit areas, and their own country, state, city, etc.
This project has been conducted by SPACE since 2012:
- SPACE has been conducting workshops since 2012, with multiple workshops in a year.
- Workshops have been conducted in more than 150 schools.
- Participation in about 30 EarthKam Missions.
- Over 3000 stunning, high quality images received from student requests.
- Locations including Volcanoes, national parks, cycles and tsunami hit areas etc. had been requested.
- This workshop has been covered live on Lok Sabha TV (Click here to see the Video)
- Bharatiya chhatra ab NASA ke sath prithvi ki tasvir khichenge – February 6, 2017
- Students to click Earth as Astronauts with NASA – February 6, 2017
- Earth images clicked by students of Delhi from International Space Station – April 12, 2016
- Indian students clicked Earth through onboard camera at International Space Station during SPACE conducted Sally Ride EarthKAM Mission, administered by NASA -February 12, 2016
- School students clicked imsges through the onboard camera of International Space Station – November 10, 2015
- Indian students image stunning Earth photos through camera onboard the International Space Station – February 2, 2015
- Images Taken in Sallyride Earthkam Mission April ‘2017, Apollo Times, Chennai, April ‘2017
- Students’ workshop focuses on space and related technologies, The New Indian Express, Chennai, April 5, 2017
- Students workshop focuses on space and related technologies, New India Express e-paper, Chennai, April 5, 2017
- Delhi school-goers to click Earth’s images with NASA’s astronauts, The Economic Times, February 6, 2017
- Delhi school-goers to click Earth’s images with NASA’s astronauts, The Business Standard, February 7, 2017
- Sally Ride EarthKAM in Anusandhan – CSIR, Government of India, February 7, 2017
- Students to click Earth as astronauts – The Peeper Times, February 7, 2017
- Students to click Earth as Astronauts with NASA – Indian Education Diary, February 6, 2017
- Delhi school-goers to click Earth’s images with NASA’s astronauts – NewsBossOnline, February 7, 2017
- Delhi school-goers to click Earth’s images with NASA’s astronauts – Nerve.In, February 7, 2017
- Delhi school-goers to click Earth’s images with NASA’s astronauts – InNews, February 7, 2017
- Delhi school-goers to click Earth’s images with NASA’s astronauts – IANS, February 7, 2017
- Getting a measure of the Earth – Perungalathur Talk, Chennai, July 17-23, 2016
- SPACE Chennai conducts NASA educational outreach programme – The Hindu Down Town, Chennai, July 22, 2016
- Chennai students snap pictures of planet – Live Chennai.co, July 16, 2016
- Sally Ride EarthKAM event conducted in Chennai – Vernacular newspaper,Dinamani, July 13-14, 2016
- SPACE organises session for students – The Hindu Downtown, Mylapore, Chennai, July 3, 2016
- Chennai Students Snap Earth from Space Station Cam – The New Indian Express, April 20, 2016.
- Students click Earth’s features – News Today, Chennai, April 19, 2016.